This ad is expired.
Instructor, Physical Education (Part-Time)
Salary: $28.77 - $37.26 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time 43 Week
Job Number: 2021-03607
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Division: General Education Pathway
Candidates are required to submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). Please make sure to carefully review requirements and submit a complete application describing your experience and providing all required documents to best assess your qualifications.
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Master's degree in Physical Education
- Master's degree or higher and eighteen (18) graduate credits in course work that is from an accredited college or university in Physical Education or from a related department such as but not limited to, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Exercise Sciences, Sports Science, Exercise Physiology, or Community Health Education with course content that is within the discipline of Physical Education.
Industry or vendor certification:
- Current certification as American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Current certification as American heart Association Heartsaver First Aid and CPR
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for class duration with our without accommodation.
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
- Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instructionhttp://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/certification/default.htm.
- Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Teaching - Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with others
- Respect diversity
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Think critically and creatively
- Utilize technology
- Apply math and science
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Embrace change
- Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
- Classroom Management
- Content Mastery and Currency
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Professional Contributions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
- Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail)
- Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
- Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
- Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
- Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
- Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
- (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3231639/instructor-physical-education-part-time
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency