Monterey Peninsula College
Adjunct Pool Adapted Physical Education Instructor
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 2020-00206
Location: Monterey, CA
Division: Student Services
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for future part-time assignments in this discipline.
Example of Duties
The Adapted PE (ADPE) Instructor provides specialized instruction in Adapted Physical Education classes. Including but not limited to adapted aquatics, strength and balance, stretch, cardiovascular fitness, and aerobics. Assesses students' physical and perceptual motor needs, progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of developing baseline information for placement, program development, and feedback to students. Provides specialized instructional techniques through individual or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of students. Develop, or make recommendations for specialized equipment, goals and objectives for the purpose of improving students' motor skills.
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor may be assigned to the Monterey campus and/or Marina Education Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction in Adapted physical education classes including but not limited to adapted aquatics, strength and balance, stretch, cardiovascular fitness, and aerobics.
- Maintain current knowledge in subject matter.
- Assesses students' physical and perceptual motor needs, progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of developing baseline information for placement, program development, and feedback to students.
- Providing specialized instructional techniques through individual or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of students
- Assesses students' progress, expectations, goals, etc. and measure impacts.
- Develop, or make recommendations for specialized equipment, goals and objectives for the purpose of improving students' motor skills.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective instruction to meet individual student needs
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Apply state and federal guidelines as related to teaching individuals with disabilities.
- Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
- Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
- Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
- Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
- Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
- Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
- Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices. Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
- Master's in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education OR Bachelor's in any of the above
- Master's in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy OR the equivalent
- 15 semester units of upper division or graduate study in adapted physical education
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Work Schedule / Supplemental Information
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant's expense. Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
- Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job announcement, but you believe you possess minimum qualifications that are equivalent, you will need to complete an Equivalency Form.
Please do not upload any items not listed above (such as letters of recommendation), as they will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. The District retains the right of assignment. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, TB clearance, and fingerprint check as required.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Scheduled hours will vary.
(schedule may change at discretion of manager)
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/2774051/adjunct-pool-adapted-physical-education-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0c57946980e94d44b5649d21a3e1e6bc